Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Heart Pangs . . .

Before:After:
Would you think me silly if the new Marissa makes me a bit mournful inside? Even makes me a bit teary-eyed to realize she's growing up? Because it does. The pile of blond tresses on the floor of the salon invoking in me a different sort of sadness--one I hadn't known before. It was a haircut that needed to happen after two years of much sun and swimming, her hair definitely needed some new life brought to it. And she'll probably even grow it long again. But still, it's another step in leaving little girl-dom behind. She's happy and jubilant, fluffing her new 'do in the mirror. Isabella feels the autonomy it represents, now needing a short style of her own. And I recognize it as being one of those bittersweet moments. Why can't they just stay little forever?

6 comments:

Anna said...

Aw, she DOES look more grown up! What a doll, love the before & after shots. ;)

Mom said...

Marissa looks so lovely! Can't wait to see her in person.

Lisa said...

I think it looks great!! My little girl LOVES her hair short and since she was blessed with very fine hair we have always kept it that way. Throw a great bow in the front and she still looks like my sweet little girl!

Kathy said...

Cute new do! I always feels pangs when they lose baby teeth!

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful girl.

Kris said...

Beautiful, Janna. Just enjoy each moment. :)