Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Spraying Fun

Sometimes I wonder at myself. I mean, you would think, if your youngest is obsessed with cans of hairspray, and sneaks off--often--to delight himself with that *pffffffffft* sound, filling up whole rooms with the nauseating smell of too much hairspray, you would think that a mother to such a boy would know better than to leave a can of spray paint on her kitchen counter. Without the cap on. Wouldn't you? To the eyes of a certain two year old it just looked like an extra big bottle of hairspray. And how exciting it must have been to discover the fine ivory-colored clouds it produced.
But as always, hindsight is better than foresight. I came downstairs to the sound of *something* being sprayed, and quickly, in panic knew there was no hairspray in my kitchen--oh but there was spray paint.
The damage isn't too bad at least. Two small spots on the wall--but no cabinets, a $4 metal sign from Hob.by Lob.by that I was a bit fond of ruined, some fake flowers "tinted," a bit of over spray on a dining room chair (his helping hand to the counter)--making me glad we haven't purchased our "real" set yet. An arm and hand a bit of a different shade. You know, nothing that will overly devastate me. The lovely headache-inducing smell of spray paint fumes filling the downstairs area . . . *sigh* I should have seen it coming, should have known that a can of spray paint in plain view was just too tempting.
A mistake not to be repeated. ;oP

3 comments:

Anna said...

Oh no, that sounds SO bad! And that stuff really stinks too...you have a great attitude. And you're a real pro in the clean-up department, aren't you? :) Unfortunately.

Tiffany said...

Funny, Janna. "Huffing" doesn't sound much like your style. Heehee...

Kathy said...

Your blog never ceases to amaze me!