Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

A Simple and Tasty Meal

Spring Chicken~Steamed Asparagus~Baked (or Mashed) Potato
The recipe for Spring Chicken comes from my mother-in-law. The first time I had it she brought it as a meal after (I believe) Emmett was born. Perhaps I'm strange, but after I've had a baby, I'm craving comfort foods, basically anything that includes gravy and mashed potatoes. So this hit the spot. The recipe says you can serve it with rice, but--no offense to any rice people out there--if I have to choose between a bowl of creamy mashed potatoes or rice, well, it's really not much of a contest. ;o) The recipe is really easy, and I discovered tonight, not only does the sauce it makes taste great on the chicken and on the potatoes, but it is also AWESOME over asparagus. I'm actually thinking this might taste really good if you bake the asparagus in with the chicken. And everyone ate really well, except for the boys, but their opinion doesn't count. ;o) So, the recipe:
Spring Chicken
4-6 Chicken Breasts
1 pkg of Knorr's Spring Vegetable Soup Mix
(you can find it as Sup.er Sav.er not Wal-Mar.t)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/4 cup of Milk
Place chicken in a greased 9x13. Combine the rest of the ingredients, pour over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned on top and chicken is done (roughly half an hour). And you're done. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Mmmm...love the pretty picture to go with! What a great recipe.