Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

My Day Off!!!

Eight hours, count them 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8!!!! were all mine this past Saturday. I cannot remember the last time I had a whole entire day to myself--if ever I did. When it's possible I may get out for about 2 hours by myself here and there, but for the most part Josh's schedule keeps him gone from home a whole lot. So, it really is a rarity when he has some free time. How did I spend my day? Oh, a little bit of back-to-school shopping (continually adding to my supply of 20 cent glue sticks), a little bit of "window shopping" at some favorite stores (this is where I peruse and admire but refrain from buying), a stop at a home improvement store for some pine board for a project, and lunch at Pan.era Bre.ad. Where I sat quietly by myself with a delicious sandwich and a hot bowl of soup with my planner and a "good" pen (planning is so much more enjoyable if you have a nice pen to do it with). ;o) Josh hates Pan.era Brea.d--claims it a "foo-foo" restaurant (whatever that is?). I think it has something to do with there being "field greens" on sandwiches--it just doesn't sound very manly to him. So, on my day off it would require that I eat lunch here. ;o) Back at home I did a bit of putting the house back together, which is something that needed to be done after being gone at VBS all week. All in all, a very relaxing, enjoyable, "recharging" of the battery sort of day.

And where was my family? Well, I'll give you a few guesses . . .



Would you believe my crazy husband decided to take them to Hen.ry Door.ly Zoo, taking advantage of the free admission they were offering Saturday? Yep. And it was crazy busy. We had actually talked of making a family excursion of it, but by Friday night, I knew I just wasn't up to fighting crowds, not loosing children, and being gone from home anymore. And I must admit, I felt rather guilty letting them go by themselves. It's one of those things you feel you MUST go to. But they had a wonderful time without me. Josh kept them well-hydrated and even sun-blocked them all. And returned with all four. Very impressive. ;o) A great day for all of us!

4 comments:

Anna said...

That is VERY impressive that Josh handled all 4 all day in an overly-crowded zoo! And what a treat for you to be able to have some alone time and get some things done...I'm sure you needed it! :)

Kathy said...

Major brownie points for Josh in giving you a much deserved day 'off'.....and extra points for returning with all four children! lol (p.s. I am in love with the strawberry poppy seed salad at Panera and just found a knock off recipe for it online. Can't wait to try!)

Brooke said...

What a good Daddy! Glad you enjoyed your day. :)

Kris said...

I must say...well done to both of you!

I've been reading Carolyn Mahaney lately and she highly recommends a solo retreat for busy wives and moms at least once a year (even if it's just for part of a day) to have a clear mind and get our focus in order. Sounds like it was refreshing for you.

Great job gettin all 4 home safely, Josh!!