Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And it appears . . .

Team BOY has pulled into the lead!
Oh boy. ;o)

I really was about 90% sure this was going to be a girl, and in the past my initial inclination has proven true. But I was way wrong this time. A third boy. I've got to get my head around that thought. Not that I don't love my boys or anything because OF COURSE I do. But let's be honest here, they have presented a bit more of a challenge for me than my girls. *ahem* ;o) Causing me to wonder at times that perhaps I do a better job at parenting girls than I do boys. Or maybe God is giving me one more chance to get this "boy thing" right. ;o) The sisters shed some tears at the announcement and on the drive home, but they're coming around. And now we must buckle down for the name hunt, because I had a whole bunch of girl names I was really liking, but have been struggling to find boy names that "struck a chord." But I have Marissa on that right now--she's made it to the "C" names in the book, her favorites thus far being Bryan, Brandon, Bobby, Carlos, Charlie, Collin, Coby, and Christopher. None I'm really digging . . .

Oh, two girls, three boys, I think we have officially gotten our "full house." ;o) Ha, ha, laughing at my own little play-on-words. :oD

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yipppeee! Well, there's good news and bad news, Janna. The good news is...a mommy has a special place in her heart for her boys. The bad news...you'll have to invest in more Mr. Clean Magic Erasers!

Anonymous said...

It must start with an "D, C, B, or A" to follow your reverse alpha trend. Maybe not A if you have more blessings ; ) I like Braden. Have fun! Picking names if fun agreeing gets even more interesting.
Sheila

Anna said...

Ah! I can't believe it either. He will be such a fun little guy...hopefully not taking too many lessons from the big boys. :) Congratulations!! Beautiful pic, new life is so exciting.

Mommy K said...

Maybe you should share those girls names....I'm thinking I'm having a girl! =) Of course, I've guessed boy every pregnancy and have only been right 2 out of 4 times....so I'm not a good guesser. Congrats! I too believe boys are more challenging, being as my first was a boy followed by two girls, but we'll see if my youngest turns out to be as much of a challenge, or if it's just my highly intelligent, strong-will, too smart for his own good 6 year old's personality.