Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Loving Craigslist

Meet my new chairs: The set was listed on Craigslist for $50, which I didn't think was too bad for some wingbacked chairs. Josh offered the couple $40, and they said sure. Although I'm not overly fond of the burgundy velvet myself, I do envision *someday* recovering them in perhaps a toile, painting the legs cream . . . Something along those lines. For now, this'll do. And they are SO comfortable. As Marissa and I sat in them, side by side she said, "You know, I think these are perfect for a good book, some tea, and cookies."
AWWWWWW
A girl totally after my own heart.
We so needed some good reading chairs . . . ;o)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great deal!!! And I'm loving your vision for them in the 'someday.' Toile on wingbacks....perfect!!!

Anna said...

Love it! and love your 'someday' plans for them, they will be even more beautiful...don't do that too soon..you want to get some good wear and tear out them (LITERAL wear and tear). Thanks for sharing! Love that craigslist.

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness! Those are awesome! And, as one who has a toile chair, a word to the wise: go with black toile, mine is white and I'm sorry to say that it shows a lot of wear and tear. :) And I do mean shows! What a bargain! (And I don't think the color is bad at all).