Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

5:47 a.m.

Yep, that would be Emmett's wake up time three mornings this week--one day he threw in a 5:30 a.m. just to mix things up a bit. I've tried to coerce him into laying back down, but he's been rather adamant, "THAT WAY!!!" he tells me, pointing out the door of his room. I've tried to get him to at least just snuggle with me in my bed, but it's the same story, "THAT WAY!!!" he points toward the stairs. And so in a rather zombie-like state I oblige. Admittedly, the sunrises of June have long since been an enemy of mine, as they keep getting earlier and earlier, convincing my children they are missing out on all sorts of fun. The unfortunate thing is, this year, the timing of this phase of life has coincided with a mama battling the tiredness of the first trimester. And not to whine and complain--for the most part I have it pretty easy, I don't get sick like many mommies do. But I do find myself very tired. And I think perhaps this time, I've been more tired than any other pregnancy. I end up laying down while the boys nap a good five out of seven days, and often, I'm in bed by 9:30 at night. It would seem the law "An object in motion tends to stay in motion" applies very well here. Many times it seems, my needed naps leave me feeling worse, like I just can't get out of bed, leaving me to wonder if I should have just kept going, because it is so hard to regain any momentum again. Unfortunately my productivity has plummeted. I had some grand plans for this summer, but I'm thinking if I can just keep the laundry put away, that will be a success. The first trimester is nearly over, so perhaps more energy is in my future. And the summer solstice is tomorrow--the longest day--and then slowly but surely the sun won't rise so early again. Hopefully these children will settle back into something more doable like a 7 a.m. wake up. I can get in some morning "alone time" actually ALONE again. ;o) And yeah, don't even ask how the daily exercising has been going . . . Morning devotions are still hanging in there--imperfectly--but still trying. Ah, perseverance. A good word that definitely applies to my life right now . . . ;o)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ah! This makes me hurt thinking about it...hang in there, you are doing great, pregnant lady! :) You're a superhero in my book. :)