Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

'Round these Parts . . .

New signage on the girls' door . . .
(understandable, I think)
Unfortunately, a fact of life when you have two older sisters (just ask my brothers):

A bird situation . . .
One night Jackson asked me to make him a mommy and a baby. Then he needed a nest. The next day another baby, and a daddy. Another nest for the new baby. Then a grandma. Followed by a grandpa. Another baby, and then another nest. Then some little squiggly pipe cleaner worms to feed them with. Then the girls began to get in on the action. Now there are feather particles floating throughout the upstairs. Josh says it's my own fault for buying the stuff and encouraging creativity. Unfortunately he is right.

25 of the 50 beans bags I need to have made by next Tuesday:
Maybe I'll finish closing these today. I'm participating in a preschool activity exchange with 14 others, and my job is to sew bean bags. The coolest part I think is that the house where we will be doing the exchange is the old Rokeby country school. I actually have been there twice before when I was a country school student myself. This family has bought it and made it their home. I have now decided THAT is my dream home. I would LOVE to find myself a little country school to live in, paint it red and put a cupola on top with a bell. Then I'd get some free range chickens, some little goats, and a miniature donkey. That's my dream. Don't laugh.


I'm also dabbling in a little bit of Emmett potty training today. I go about this process the "John Rose.mond way" so I have no good news to report at this point. We are currently just working on awareness, as in "Oh, I did THAT!!" This is why we own a carpet cleaner . . .


AND I found a recipe for "Baked Potato Soup." I think it may be the best potato soup recipe ever. All I can think about is eating another bowl of it. And it's good soup weather, don't you think? So, if you too are craving some potato soup, let me know and I'll get that recipe typed up.


So, there you have it, what we've been up to. ;o)

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

HA! Poor Jackson. He does look adorable in that pink tu-tu though! Oh, and Luke LOVES it when we make pipe-cleaner people. I think we've made our whole family! Too funny.

Kathy said...

The door sign....LOL!!!!! Can't wait to see what goodies you get in your little exchange. What a great idea!

Anna said...

How cute--I could totally see you in a revamped country school home with small animals outside--great idea. And LOL at princess Jackson!! :) Hope those birdies get tamed, you are a fun mom.

Mommy K said...

I have many pictures of my SIX year old son in dresses with his YOUNGER sisters. So, it just happens when you have sisters, in general!! =)

Love the bean bag idea. Never thought to make my own. What is the preschool activity specifically?

Janna said...

The preK activity is "target practice"--each bag has a laminated target and five bean bags to toss. The directions also give some other ideas like try to balance it on your head, walk with a bean bag stuck between your knees, etc. I think all of the activities came from the book "Preschool Activities in a Bag" However, I'm not the one organizing it, so I'm not for certain. ;o)

Rachael said...

Great blog! Your kids are soooooo gorgeous!! Where do you get your school supplies/lesson plans?