Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Coping

Thanks for all of the encouraging and sympathizing comments after my last post. ;o) The last two days have gone a bit better. Jackson continues to remain in some sort of attitude funk, but at least the mess-making has slowed down. I have been noticing he likes to argue with me over nearly everything I say, for instance:
Jackson--"That's a lizard."
Me--"Yes, that's called a gecko."
Jackson--"No, it's a LIZARD!!!"
And so forth. Hopefully we get this curtailed soon. Can you imagine trying to homeschool him?!?!
Me--"This is a Q."
Jackson--"No, that's an O!"
Me--"2+2=4"
Jackson--"NO! It's 5!!"
Yeah. That might not be so much fun.

After all the craziness, I've found that a nice soothing cup of tea just isn't what I need to unwind at night. I've had to upgrade to the harder stuff--in the form of generous-sized root beer floats. Now THAT hits the spot. ;o) It's probably not the best nightly habit to develop, and I don't recommend getting yourself going on that. But when you have a 2 liter of root beer sitting in the fridge and a 5 quart pail of vanilla ice cream, really, what options do you have? (In fact, I'm sipping one right now. Delicious.) ;o) So there you have it, my crutch.

We have no crazy Memorial Day plans, most likely just sticking around home. I have a lot of projects I need to start on, sewing projects, painting projects, devising some sort of sandbox for my back porch or garage projects. I just need the motivation to get going. Perhaps this long weekend will find me ambitious. Or perhaps I'll just sit alone, in the dark and quiet, peacefully sipping my root beer float, and feeling all is right with the world. Perhaps. ;o)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yum..a root beer float sounds great! Hope Jackson's little attitude gets going in the right direction soon. :) Hang in there, all the discipline and training will one day pay off! :) In the meantime, you enjoy as many of the root beer floats as you need. :)