Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Simple Womans's Daybook~April 27th


FOR TODAY Monday, April 27, 2009

Outside my window... Overcast, cold, and damp--which sounds kind of dreary, bit it's actually kind of nice after 3 days of "summer" last week. Spring came back.

I am thinking... About how I look forward to the end of something--like our school year--and then realize another whole year has zipped by just like that. "Slow down the hands of time . . ."

I am thankful for... Nice, soaking, rains yesterday--the grass is now undoubtedly green

From the learning rooms... Our last week! We are mainly just tying up loose ends, putting the finishing touches on the United States notebook, assembling our names of Jesus poster, and then packing stuff away

From the kitchen... Josh gets to be home for lunch today so we're grilling burgers, supper will probably be a lighter and "thrown together" affair

I am creating... Space perhaps? I'm stealthily going through the kids' things (like our huge amassing of stuffed animals that never get played with) and tossing things that serve no purpose anymore. It's liberating. ;o)

I am going... To clean the kitchen--I suppose--I SHOULD clean the kitchen . . .

I am reading... Still working on A LANTERN IN HER HAND by Bess Streeter Aldrich, began using IDOLS OF THE HEART by Elyse Fitzpatrick in my quiet time

I am hoping... "Hope is the thing with feathers. That perches in the soul . . ."

I am hearing... A howly kind of wind, a distraught Emmett, running feet

Around the house... Inside--blech, Outside--beautiful blooming trees on my street, pinks, lavenders, and whites--BEAUTIFUL!

One of my favorite things... Caught my first whiff of lilac on the breeze this morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week... the girls and cousins (Lexi and Ava) get to model their flower girl dresses from last summer at our ladies evening at church on Tuesday, Cubbies Award night for Isabella, and some sort of "SCHOOL'S OUT!!!" celebration for Friday

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
My sweet Isabella--this picture just makes me smile. ;o)

Head here to read other daybooks or make your own ;o)

2 comments:

Anna said...

LOVE the picture!! Kudos on finishing the school year..and on getting organized. Hooray! :)

Kathy said...

I smelled lilac on my walk the other night and I wanted to just stop and sniff, sniff, sniff. I LOVE that smell. That, and I was pooped and wanted to rest a bit. :) And you are absolutely right about that picture of Isabella--SWEET!!