Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook~April 6th


For Today, Monday, April 6, 2009

Outside my window...

Cheery blue skies and white cotton ball clouds, a happy sun, and a dastardly wind ;o)

I am thinking...

About having no definite plans for Easter apparel at this point, and I'm not sure if I have the time to pursue "matching outfits." Somehow the last month got away from me.

I am thankful for...

We didn't get the huge snowstorm that was predicted, so all the new blooms, forsythia, daffodils, etc. are safe for the time-being. ;o)

From the learning rooms...

Two days left in our math curriculum, learning about some pioneers, another state or two, and we'll probably try to do some more in depth stuff about Easter

From the kitchen...

Swiss Chicken, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus--Yummy!

I am wearing...

A grey sweater, jeans, "dressy" black tennis shoes, a pony-tail

I am creating...

ummm, Messes? Does that count? ;o)

I am going...

To get to a store and stock up on tea and chai--I am completely and totally out, and feeling a bit lost

I am reading...

I am revisiting A LANTERN IN HER HAND by Bess Streeter Aldrich (LOVED this book as a girl) I am hoping to reread several by this author and also some by Willa Cather.

I am hoping...

That a warm and pleasant spring day is somewhere in the near future--and that Anna has her baby this week ;o)

I am hearing...

All is quiet except for the hum of the computer

Around the house...

Well . . . let's just say I'm desperately lacking in motivation and you use your imagination ;o)

One of my favorite things...

Emmett's voice and antics

A few plans for the rest of the week:

I had an appointment and bloodwork today and Wednesday I finally get the permanent (well, it BETTER be permanent) crown put on my tooth. ;o) I have mangled up the temporary one pretty good--how it remains on my tooth I do not know, but it is quite "wiggly." A few orchestra rehearsals, Good Friday service--I'm hoping that amidst all the running around there will be time just to stop and reflect and enjoy too.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... Nestled amidst the mess are four children playing together and coexisting without any fighting (for a few minutes at least!) ;o)

Head here for other daybooks or to make your own.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the picture! Ah, the bliss of siblings playing happily---however long it lasts! :)

Brooke said...

I adore Bess Streeter Aldrich! I recommend "The Lieutenant’s Lady", it's my favorite. :)

I am always inspired by your meal plans...

Anna said...

Love all the buzz going on in your household..especially the cute picture of the kiddos! ..and thanks for the kind words about labor..I am also hoping for that very soon! :)

Kathy said...

just looked again and am chuckling at your little naked-noodle boy at the farm set. :)