Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook~April 20th


For today, Monday, April 20, 2009

Outside my window...
Beautiful, happy sunshine. I've opened nearly all the blinds.

I am thinking...
I should probably start the process of potty training Emmett. The girls were soooo easy and trained by two. Jackson scarred me, perhaps permanently . . .

I am thankful for...
The Eastern Redbuds are beginning to bloom--I LOVE THIS TREE! It is my most favorite of all the flowering trees, I love the textures of purple flowers against an interesting bark.

From the learning rooms...
I haven't looked at the curriculum yet . . . *blush* I can tell you we have TWO WEEKS left. Woohoo!! And if I'm feeling ambitious it is possible we might knock both weeks out this week. Wouldn't that be awesome? ;o)

From the kitchen...
Sage Meatloaf, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Sugar Snap Peas

I am wearing...
A long sleeved green tee, denim shorts (but they go to my knees--what are those called?), barefeet, pony-tale
I am creating...
I'm in between sewing projects right now--just finished a dress for Marissa.
I am going...
To fold laundry after I finish this post up. I think I did around five loads these last two days. Now to put it away.

I am reading...
Finishing up Real Food What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck; still slowly reading A Lantern in her Hand by Bess Streeter Aldrich. Some books can be devoured quickly, others must be savored, like this one. I need an afternoon sitting on my in-laws' front porch on the porch swing while a gentle breeze blows my way. That opportunity has not presented itself. ;o) Therefore I haven't gotten very far.

I am hoping...
Oh, lots of little thoughts and dreams are tucked away right now, just waiting on God's timing and plans

I am hearing...
A lawnmower! Spring really is here.

Around the house...
We did some major decluttering in the girls' room yesterday, so that's happy news. We won't mention any of the other areas . . . ;o)

One of my favorite things...
Spring is ranking pretty high up on the list right now, walks with my kids, picking dandelions, sunshine, fresh air, simplicity

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Just our normal church activities--I don't think I have anything out of the ordinary planned


Here is picture thought I am sharing... Yay, I finished one dress for Marissa! It's a pretty easy pattern once I got rid of the need for button holes in the back. And I think I have a total of $5 for fabric in the cost of making the dress. The pattern I bought last year, I had interfacing, matching string, elastic already in my stash at home. Gotta love that!!

Please head here to read other daybooks or make your own!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi! I stopped in from "simple woman's Daybook" site. Our lives look very similar. :)
I am putting off potty training a two year old as well. lol! He's the last, and for some reason, even as much as I hate changing diapers, I can't get motivated to do it.
You're children are beautiful!

Jerralea said...

I love "sitting on front porch on the porch swing while a gentle breeze blows my way." I could do it for hours if I was left along
enough.

The pictures of your kids are gorgeous.

Anna said...

Love this posting, Janna! And Marissa's dress is so adorable, the colors look great on her...and I'm very impressed on your $5 budget there. :)

Kathy said...

Love the fabric you chose for the dress! Cute! Yippee for school almost done!! Just think of all the 'extra' time you'll have.....yeah, right! :) Maybe you can use it to get Emmett p.trained. Everyone always told me girls are easy to train and boys are hard. I guess that's true as I found all 3 of my boys hard. Here's to hoping that Emmet breaks the stereotype!! [word verif: 'outing' ha! think we're having an 'outing' to the zoo today :) ]