Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Little Tidbits

The above picture showcases what my kitchen has seen a lot of lately--little helpers. Remember Emmett's "artiste' phase"? Well, he is branching out, we are now in the "chef phase". Cooking has become rather frustrating for me--wherever I turn someone is THERE, sitting on my counter, eating the sugar straight, stirring pots of boiling water (that someone usually being Emmett). And as I migrate around my counter tops, trying to get out of his reach, he pushes his handy chair around, and gets right back in the action again. Sometimes, I try to be as quiet as I can so he doesn't know I'm in there, getting ready to prepare something, but it seems that "radar thing" kicks in again. *sigh*

Yesterday, I noticed Emmett hadn't been seen for about 10 minutes. I realized with a start my cupcakes were downstairs cooling on the counter. Yep, you guessed it--I interrupted him biting off the top of his 9th cupcake (of 18). They were supposed to be Isabella's snack for Cubbies. I quickly whisked the remaining 9 away--thank goodness we had just enough. ;o)

And Jackson gave the Home De.pot workers a good laugh yesterday. Not only did he show up at the store in full "Bob the Builder" regalia, but he also attempted to pee in a display toilet near the front. As I'm attempting to pay, the checker exclaims, "Oh, your boy!!! He's peeing in the toilet!!!" I turn around and there's Jackson, his hard hat and tool belt on, with his pants dropped. I think I got there in time. He was quite angry with me for interrupting him, just not getting the fact that we can't pee there. The checker meanwhile is utterly delighted and rolling on the floor with laughter while she tells all the other workers. With what dignity I could muster, I rushed Jackson across the store to the real bathroom where we took care of business in an orderly fashion. (Kathy you were so right, I should have never taught him to "go" standing!!! What was I thinking?!?!?)

But my girls are still good for making me feel that hopefully I'm doing *something* right. I had mentioned earlier this morning that I needed to get the kitchen mopped. Well, while I was busy working on things elsewhere, those sneaky girls surprised me and swept and mopped it all by themselves!! They didn't do too bad of a job either! A very sweet surprise.

Tonight Daddy was able to be home, and we got to play some hide n' seek and a round of "Gu.ess Who". The girls have gotten to be such good "hiders". Marissa found an awesome spot in a laundry basket and covered herself back up with clothes. I was seriously impressed. ;o) It took Daddy F*O*R*E*V*E*R to find her that time.

A good day . . . (and woohoo! I'm 2 for 2 in my workout/quiet time--a small success, but a success none-the-less)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness, cracking up over here!!! I can just picture Jackson at the display toilet....."Bob the Builder. Can we potty? Yes, we can!!" Somehow I doubt he's the first kid to think of that, although he may be one of the few that have actually tried it! ha!