Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Life Lately

I must admit, I don't have anything of interest to report. Lately, my walls have remained free of drawings, there hasn't been anything dumped out (unless I count the bubble solution the boys broke out in the living room), and things have been--dare I say it--fairly normal. However, I do feel myself wearing down. As much as I enjoy homeschooling and the curriculum we use, I'm ready for this school year to be finished. I'm ready for a reprieve from Awana, a change to bi-weekly violin lessons . . . Overall, just ready for life to s.l.o.w down. I've found myself going somewhere every day this week, and when that happens, the housework REALLY slides. I'm just not a person who likes to be out and about, and when I have an appointment or activity to get to it kind of hangs over my head all day and distracts me from getting my normal routine accomplished. So, yeah, there has been A LOT of distraction lately. I'm really looking forward to a laid-back summer routine, and hoping to use the vacated schooling time to get busy on closet and storage areas, work on sewing projects, and just enjoy my kids--because you know, even when the time appears to be moving slowly and we find ourselves anxious for that "next new thing" the fact remains, these kids are growing up way too fast! Sometimes I need to remember to stay mindful and grateful for "right now" because it's the only one I get. *sigh* I do wish I could keep them young forever because it has been the best time of my life--even if I am a bit weary and worn sometimes . . .often . . . every day. ;o) They are still every bit worth it and I would do it over and over again TO INFINITY just to get to be their mommy. But, a maid WOULD be nice . . .

2 comments:

Anna said...

This is a big encouragement to me, Janna! Especially about the 'right now' thing. Hang in there till the end of school year! I am longing for warm weather and summertime too.

Kris said...

I hear ya about that whole "appt. hanging over my head" thing...I really dislike having places I HAVE to go when I'm a mommy at home...and VERY thankful I don't HAVE to go to a job in an office every day (thank you, Hunny!, thank you, Lord!) I'll get back to your fb q's as soon as I've chewed on them awhile longer! ;)