Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook~March 9th


For today--March 9, 2009
Outside my window...
A chilly March day, kind of overcast with a sun that flits in and out, chance of rain
I am thinking...
About this post and feeling inspired and motivated
I am thankful for...
A great start to the week! The boys took LOOOONG naps yesterday giving me a jump start on cleaning and the incredible messiness that usually greets me on Monday.
From the learning rooms...
Abraham Lincoln, more states, how materials change in form, more numbers through 100
From the kitchen...
Our FAVORITE Tuna Noodle Casserole, Sugar Snap Peas, Salad
I am wearing...
Long-sleeved green tee, comfy tan knit pants, hair still wet from the shower
I am creating...
So far just a list . . . ;o) I am hoping by the end of the week I'll have something to "show and tell"
I am going...
Maybe Tar.get, maybe Joan.n's Fab.ric or Hob.by Lob.by, maybe H.ome De.pot, maybe nowhere
I am reading...
Still slowly making my way through Instructing a Child's Heart, but also scanning through The Thyroid Solution--honestly I have books started all over the place that need finishing. I'm kind of bad about that.
I am hoping...
To discover just where my deodorant is--thanks to one of the boys I'm certain
I am hearing...
Children playing--unfortunately accompanied by some whininess
Around the house...
Like I said, not too bad this week as far as messes go--I am just hoping to stay on top of things all week so that "Party Day" doesn't overwhelm me
One of my favorite things...
Heading to the library to get all of our holds--lots of spring books to display on our nature/season shelf
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Getting ready for Emmett's birthday party while going about our normal routine of housework, schooling, church activites, etc.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
You haven't BEEN to the library until your little white "book receipt" totals about 4 feet in length and the librarian tells you that's her record for the day. ;o)

Head over here for directions on making your own daybook, or to check out others.

4 comments:

Candace C said...

Janna, hey, thanks for the comment on my blog! I just wanted to give you a heads up...for me, Nourishing Traditions was very EXTREME. If you want to culture you own milk and stuff, you should get the book. :) But I opened that book and was like WHAT?!?! I had no clue what most of the words even were! I think that would be good after I've been at this at awhile (it had recipes in it, but recipes I wouldn't even know how to follow at thit point.) So, I'd encourage you to save that book for later! :)

Another one I have heard is good that I have reserved at the library is Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.

Mrs. Jane Doe said...

Dearest Janna,

Thank you so much for your comment. :O)

I loved your picture and mentioning the receipt you get from the library. I work at our local library part time in the afternoons and have given out quite a few of those 2 foot long receipts! Most of them are moms of little ones or home schooling mommas.

Your children are absolutely precious! Enjoy them while you can and at every stage and age they are in - even the little messes they make! ;O) Mine are 24, 17, 14 and 12 with the last two at home. I miss having them all at home and it is very rare we can all get together at the same time.

xo

Kathy said...

Love your library basket. I think you have us beat.....and I didn't think that was possible. lol

Anna said...

WOW--you guys are awesome at utilizing the library--that's awesome you need basket to bring all the stuff home! :) Looking forward to hearing about your super productive project and party planning week! :)