Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook~March 23rd


For today, Monday, March 23, 2009

Outside my window...It's RAINING!!! A real and true downpour with thunder and lightening and tornado warnings. (Hmmm, I suppose I should not be on the computer . . . .)
I am thinking...
About the buds that burst open overnight revealing lots of green baby leaves. It makes me giddy. ;o)
I am thankful for...
Everything. Really. Life is good.
From the learning rooms...
Tying up some loose ends from last week along the lines of Abraham Lincoln; learning about more states; magnets; subtraction within numbers to 100
From the kitchen...
Baked Chicken--which is just chicken breast breaded in cornflakes, some seasoning salt, and sprinkled with parsley and a bit of cheddar cheese, Baked Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts (and no my kids are not Brussels sprouts' biggest fans, but Josh and I kind of like 'em, so tough) ;o)
It was tasty.
I am wearing...
A short-sleeved maroon tee, black knit pants, bare feet, pony-tail, glasses, no make-up
It was a don't-go-anywhere-day today.
I am creating...
A new purse from a pattern in THE NEW HANDMADE by Cassie Barden
I am going...
To be sewing or reading this evening--hmmm, big decision
I am reading...
TAKE ONE by Karen Kingsbury
HAVING A MARY HEART IN A MARTHA WORLD by Joanna Weaver
(shelved everything else for the time-being)
I am hoping...
Emmett gets over this cold or allergies or molar cutting or all-of-the-above quickly--I'm a quart or seven low in the sleep department
I am hearing...
Marissa singing in the bath and some gentle splashing
Around the house...
Kind of clean, but my kitchen is in need of a good mopping and we won't talk about the closets that I was supposed to be organizing last week
One of my favorite things...
I got out for my first run this past weekend and it wasn't too painful--or too long for that matter *sheepish grin*
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Cleaning morning tomorrow at church, Orchestra/Awana Wednesday night, and YIPPEE!! the homeschool convention is Friday and Saturday--two days to myself to peruse books and be inspired. I know, I know, what kind of nerd am I to be elated about going to a convention. ;o)
Here is picture thought I am sharing... Jackson creating lots of O's with our set of forms from Handwriting Without Tears--He was sooooo excited, and then changed them all to S's. The picture is him "mid-hop" (If you know him well, you know what I'm talking about) ;o)


Head here for directions on making your own daybook, or to read others'.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I am always inspired by all the busy things going on at your home. The chicken sounds SO YUMMY! ..and I know you will enjoy the H.S. Convention. :)