Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook~March 16

FOR TODAY, March 16, 2009
Outside my window...
SUNSHINE and the promise of a beautiful day
I am thinking...
I would like to get out for a run at some point today
I am thankful for...
A fun birthday party for my "officially two" Emmett on Saturday evening
From the learning rooms...
Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War; Energy and Forces; Adding numbers within 100
From the kitchen...
Crockpot Lasagna, Carrots/Cucumbers for dipping, Cheesy Bread
I am wearing...
Pony-tail, glasses, short-sleeved brown tee, jeans, bare feet
I am creating...
I have a myriad of projects started, I just need to pick one up and get it finished!
I am going...
Amend the disastrous situation in my bedroom closet. No matter how organized I am for company there are always miscellaneous items that get stuffed in there when it comes to crunch time. A fatal flaw of mine. ;o)
I am reading...
Okay, so I just keep adding books to what I already have going *blush* without finishing anything I've started-- my list currently:
Instructing a Child's Heart~Tripp
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World~Weaver
The Passion of Mary-Margaret~Samson
I am hoping...
To do some "behind scenes" cleaning this week, my closet and our art/homeschooling closet in particular
I am hearing...
Marissa and Emmett playing together nicely, Jackson upset about train track situations, and quietness from Isabella
Around the house...
Pretty clean--thanks to the party on Saturday, just a bit of vacuuming/picking up and we'll be in good working order
One of my favorite things...
"The Sound of Music" I introduced the girls to it this weekend and I had forgotten how much I LOVE this movie. We've been singing the soundtrack and I'm freshening up on my yodeling. ;o) "Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens . . ."
"How do you solve a problem like Maria . . ."
"You are 16 going on 17 . . ."
"Edelweiss . . ."
OH, it doesn't get much better than that, no? ;o)
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Emmett has his 2 year check up today, church activities scattered throughout the week, our homeschool group has "craft morning" on Thursday, and Friday it's official "Spring gets Sprung" I'm sure we'll celebrate somehow ;o)
Here is picture thought I am sharing... Emmett loving on his baby cousin Drew at the birthday party

Head
HERE for info on making your own daybook or to read others'

2 comments:

Anna said...

What a sweet picture!! Looks like a nice week ahead for you guys. .. and Sound of Music is one of my fav's too! :)

Kathy said...

I love these posts that you do. Makes me feel like we just had a nice little chat. :) My favorite song from S. of Music is the one the nuns sings about Maria. Know why? Because I like the word 'flibberdegibbit.' :)