Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook~February 23rd



FOR TODAY February 23rd
Outside my window...
I suppose it would be considered a nice day for February--it's sunny, but I still find it a bit chilly
I am thinking...
I need to remember the reason I don't "do" caffeine the next time I am tempted by a grande mocha frappuccino
I am thankful for...
the boys taking a nice, long, quiet nap today (particuarly after a night of utter craziness)
From the learning rooms...
Some more states for the U.S. notebook, the California gold rush, and "halfing" and "quartering" objects
From the kitchen...
Roasted chicken, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli and later a monkey bread to bring to women's study tomorrow
I am wearing...
my grubbies--a long-sleeved blue t-shirt with holes, and jeans with holes (I function better at home if I don't feel too "formal") ;o)
I am creating...
a wool applique pillow and wool chicks (thanks for the idea Kathy!)
I am going...
to ride this caffeine trip out and try to use it to my advantage--laundry here I come!
I am reading...
some more Karen Kingsbury and beginning Instructing a Child's Heart by Ted Tripp
I am hoping...
for a better night of rest tonight
I am hearing...
children chattering
Around the house...
I'm "shopping the house" for things to move around, rearrange, or repurpose
One of my favorite things...
the beauty, texture, colors of the spring florals popping up in stores right now
A few plans for the rest of the week:
I am hoping my plans include a lot of sitting in a chair with tea and sewing or reading
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Can you find the two things wrong with this picture?
(Yes, the first thing would be Emmett bathing in his jammies. This was actually supposed to be Josh's bath, the boys climbed back in after finishing up their own and then proceeded to empty a whole bottle of shampoo to produce the mountainous bubbles pictured--that would be the second thing!) ;o)

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh, no--how funny! I've had to keep Calvin from re-entering the bath after he was PJ'd for the night. Cute photo, and love the posting above too!

Kathy said...

I'm looking and looking and aside from the obvious thing that is wrong, I'm stumped. Maybe it's the fact that Jackson is actually bathing and not dumping water out of the tub or something? :)