Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Chocolate Play-dough

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 1/2 TBSP oil
1 cup boiling water
Mix dry ingredients thoroughly. Add wet ingredients. Knead until smooth.
I found that recipe online today and thought that chocolate play-dough might be something fun to do this evening. I was right. ;o) It smells WONDERFUL. My kids have a full-scale bakery going on. As an added perk I have been saving some trays that boxed chocolates come in. I thought they could make their own chocolates that way. Jackson LOVED this idea and quickly rolled enough balls to fill all the trays. Now you might not have a "chocolate tray" on hand, but this situation is quite easily remedied. Head over to the nearest store, get yourself a box (like oh, Hershey's Pot of Gold or something--variety is important), and then proceed in emptying said box. Of course, there really is only ONE way to rid the trays of all those delicious chocolates. It's a big job, but every now and then we must force ourselves to "take one for the team." If you need help, I may have some free moments tonight to assist in such an endeavor.
Enjoy! ;o)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

It smells good.....but how does it taste???? :)

Janna said...

Yes, it is lacking in flavor. ;o) Your kid may attempt a nibble, but I promise, they won't try again.

Anna said...

Yes it looks tempting to taste. :) Also looks very safe/non-toxic since all the ingredients are edible. Thanks for sharing!

Kris said...

This looks super fun! I know the kids will want to attempt this recipe...fer sure :) (and I know they'll be unable to resist sampling it, but much more interested in helping empty some chocolate trays with the real deal) :D