Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Strange Occurence

Since having children, I'm going to be honest, sleep has been hard to come by. Pregnancies and nursing babies thwarted me at first. Even though I've been nearly a year out of that stage sleep has continued to remain elusive. Somebody is always needing something--a wet bed, a bad dream, thinking it's morning and time to wake up, sick, etc., etc. I do not recollect the last time I slept through the night. Even if my kids sleep peacefully I have been trained to wake up. I think the most I've slept--straight through--since having kids might be four hours. Sad isn't it? ;o)

Until last night . . . I slept from 10:00 pm to 4:00 am!!! A whole six hours! I woke up on my own at 4, awestruck to realize I don't remember awakening once during that whole time. And then I fell BACK to sleep. Amazing huh? And my kids slept in this morning, so I remained in bed until 7 today--giving me 9 whole hours of sleep.

I feel awesome today. The sun is shining and I am ready to conquer the world (my world being a mountain of laundry that *cough, cough* I may have been slacking on lately). Yay for sleep!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Hooray for sleep! I too am so thankful for a good night's sleep, it makes such a difference. Hope your kiddos continue that pattern for you. :)

Kathy said...

Yay!!!! Amazing what a full night's sleep can do for a gal and with all you have to keep up with (aka Jackson (: ) I'm glad you feel rejuvinated!!! A few Sunday's ago we all overslept and were running late. I haven't set an alarm clock for years b/c I could always count on someone waking me up in the early hours. I think I'm finally at the stage where alarm clocks are a necessity again.

Brooke said...

I'm with Kathy, alarm clocks are irrelevant now. Luca pops up at the same time every morning. :) Glad you got some good shut-eye! It's amazing what consecutive sleep can do for a girl.