Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Peppermint Play-dough Fun

I cooked up some play-dough for the kids last week--adding some peppermint extract and green food coloring to make it festive. It made the whole house smell wonderful. And since we were all fighting colds (me included), it also proved to be therapeautic, as in "Ahhhh, I can breathe!" ;o)



My Jackson boy LOVES his play dough. He probably plays with it no less than 10 times a day and it will keep his attention sometimes up to an hour. He makes snowmen, buries his trains, makes roads and mountains for the trains . . . The list could go on and on. I love having an activity that he enjoys so much!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Can I tell you how many batches I of playdough I have made in Evan's almost 6 years of life??? NO!!! I have lost track! Countless! Just like Jackson......an activity that can occupy him for LONG periods of time. So I have to do a little extra sweeping....it's sooooo worth it!!! :) And I love how Emmett is perched right smack dab in the middle of the action. (P.S. Do you have the KoolAid playdough recipe? A great one I'll pass along if you've never seen it!)

Janna said...

Thanks Kathy! I do have that Kool-Aid recipe--that is a good smelling one too! I think that may have been the first recipe I tried and then decided I would never buy play-dough again. Even I liked "squooshing" it. ;o)

Meyer Family said...

You are brave! I guess I am too particular about the carpet and things getting mushed into it. I still have a tough time letting Jilli draw at the table for fear that she will miss the paper and draw on the table instead.

Janna said...

I do have to pay close attention to the carpet--as long as I get to it before it dries, it comes out pretty good. We're due for a steam cleaning pretty soon though. ;o) This summer we had a play-dough fiasco in the living room. But it is truly something Jackson loves SOOOOO much (and I love how occupied it keeps him).