Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Some Fall Crafting




Hooray, I finally finished this wool pillow I began LAST fall. I got the pattern from an issue of one of my favorite magazines, "Create and Decorate". It is one of my favorite decorations right now. I love working with wool especially as the days grow colder. It feels so comforting and warm in my hands.





This is my own little something I came up with, again using my wool stash mixed in with some embroidery. I chainstitched the "Happy Harvest" and the bittersweet vine is done with backstitching and french knots. And the best thing about this product--it didn't cost me anything. Well, I guess it did at some point, but when I set out to make it, I had everything I needed on hand, even the frame!




I still have a few other things in the works that I will post as I finish them up. I must admit, fall, and then the Christmas season are my favorite times of year for crafting. What are you making?

1 comment:

Amy @ Pretty Frugal Pretties said...

Ok, do you do this with a machine or freehand? I LOVE these pillows!!! :)

P.S. How funny that my verification word is "affam"...for amy frahm family? HAHA!