Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Some Apple Inspiration

Now that September is here my thoughts have turned quite "fallish". One of my favorite things about autumn is seasonal baking, and first on the list of tasty fall things to savor is apples. We're hoping to get down to Nebraska City for some apple picking sometime this month. Last year was very disappointing--no apples due to a very late freeze--but I'm thinking this should be a good year. So, what am I hoping to enjoy that is lovely and "appley"? Well . . .

"Real" apple cider (you know the stuff that is dark and thick and refrigerated)
Apple Cider Donuts
Carmel Apples
Apple Crisp--still warm with a dollop of whipped cream
Chunky Apple Cake with Warm Butter Sauce
Apple Pie Pancakes

And if I'm really feeling ambitious perhaps a completely from scratch homemade apple pie. Nothing quite says "welcome home" and "you're special to me" like homemade goodies and the scents of warm cinnamon and apples filling your home. Savor the season!

No comments: