Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

A meme for the first day of fall

When does fall begin for you?
My thoughts begin turning "fallish" around the first of August, when all of the back-to-school supplies are out. And as soon as the mornings cool off--which they did in August this year I am really thinking fall. But "officially" when we hit September I am in full fall mode.
What is your favorite aspect of fall?
EVERYTHING!!! I have a severe obsession with pumpkins, orange, white, and my new favorite "jarrahdale" which is a beautiful blueish green. Red leaves. Bittersweet. "Autumn Joy" sedum. Goldenrod. Milkweed sending out its fluff. All fall nature I guess!
What is your favorite fall memory?
Cross country practices in high school--I love running when the weather is pleasant. And probably almost 29 years of celebrating my birthday on October 19th.
What do you like to drink in the fall?
Apple cider and chai
What's your favorite fall food?
Things made out of apples (like my chunky apple cake with warm butter sauce, apple cider donuts), or out of pumpkins (like pumpkin bars with brown butter frosting)
What is fall weather like where you live?
Crisp and clear sometimes windy sometimes perfect, and sometimes *ahem* snowy, but hopefully not for awhile!
What color is fall?
Warm, homey, earthy, nature colors, terra cottas, rusts, sages, crimson, yellows, and some purple
What does fall smell like? whatever tasty fall treat is in the oven--usually involving cinnamon
Holiday shopping in fall: yes or no? yes, although probably only online
If you could go anywhere in the fall, where would you go? I have always wanted to see New England in the fall
What is your favorite fall sport?
Cross country
Do you have a favorite fall chore?
If you consider pulling out the fall decorations a chore, than that would me mine
What is your least favorite thing about fall?
The long cold months that follow it . . .
What is your favorite fall holiday?
Thanksgiving
What's your favorite kind of pie? ALL of them ;o)
Which do you prefer, the Farm or the Fair?
Farm
Do you have a favorite fall book?
Fall always seems a good time to pull out some of the "Little House on the Prairie" books
How about a favorite fall poem?
None that I can think of . . .

Thanks to Dawn over at "By Sun and Candlelight" for this meme

No comments: